Sunday, October 5, 2014

#2 Dictionary Exercise

1. concentration 集中
There is a concentration of people in big cities.
2. wellbeing 健康、幸福
Improving people's wellbeing is the fundamental goal of economic development.
3.I think it's useful. It helps me understand a word by English , instead translate by Mandarin. Then I can learn more words as the define and example.

relationship

(1)the way in which things are connected or work together
EX:Write an essay on the economic relationship between farming and transportation.
(2)A relationship is the way two or more people are connected, or the way they behave toward each other
EX:"What is your relationship to the soloist?" "She's my daughter."
The two men have a good working relationship.

confuse

(1)to cause someone to feel uncertain or unclear, or to makesomething difficult to understandEX:You’re confusing me – please repeat the directions more slowly.(2)Someone who confuses one thing with another thinks the first thing is the secondEX:You’re confusing me with my sister – she’s the one who moved to Colorado.confirm(1)to make an arrangement, plan, or meeting certain or fixed:EX:The hotel has confirmed our reservation.(2)to approve someone or something officially by formal agreement:EX:His appointment has not been confirmed by the Senate.

1 comment: